.

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”--Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cheers to a fabulous weekend!

This weekend renewed my love for my sorority and my sisters.  Although I prayed for sisters often (especially when my mom was expecting my youngest brother), I was never blessed with a biological one.  The girlfriends that I gained in college meant so very much to me at the time, and only continue to grow in meaning in my life.

I was lucky enough to live in my sorority house for three years in college.  Many of the very best memories of college revolve around our gorgeous house and the camaraderie that we all gained by living together.  We had a blast outside of the house, but the preparations for a night out were just as fun and eventful.

Although it may be hard to explain the thing I miss the most about living in the house is getting ready with everyone.  Even when I lived in the Prez suite (with my own bathroom), I would come to the front communal bathrooms to prep for an evening out.  We would do each others' hair (I still have trouble with straightening the back of mine), do crazy make-up, borrow each others' clothes, and beg Em to hurry up so we could go.  I cannot believe there were never any mishaps with the laptops blaring music in the bathroom, that our house mom never had a heart attack when the juice always went missing from the fridge on the weekends, (well that almost happened a few times) and that everyone always always always looked dress to kill when we went out.

While we were all together this weekend the topic of weddings came up, and I shared that my secret hope that I could rent out our sorority house for the weekend and all get together together on my wedding day someday.  Those bathrooms (and the lounges right outside of them) share so many special memories and stories of college.

On Saturday night, we were able to spread out in K's parents' bathroom (thanks again!) and get ready together.  We were straightening/curling each others' hair, sharing make-up, and toasting to our friendship. 


Cheers to good girlfriends and sisters everywhere!

1 comment: