.

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”--Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's


According to my facebook newsfeed (somehow I get super random things from groups I didn't know I belonged to), Holly Golightly's Breakfast at Tiffany's home is for sale.  I can't think of a better place to throw some wild parties and get very dolled up for going out.


Curbed.com gives a few more details, 
"After 11 years under the thumb of a former Merrill Lynch broker who was docked for insider trading, the Manhattan townhouse made famous by the iconic Audrey Hepburn flick Breakfast at Tiffany's has again come up for sale. Listed for $5.85M, the 15-foot-wide Upper East Side house served as the backdrop for the exterior shots, but, disappointingly, it seems most of the interiors were shot on a sound stage. That would explain why Mr. Yunioshi's top-floor artist's atelier is nowhere to be found on the floor plan!" 


So what do you say?  Pool our collective holiday presents and ask for this instead? We should probably act quickly--we don't want this one to get away! ;)

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place. So classic and historic in a completely hollywood way. I simply love that exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you imagine living there???? Amazing. Needs to happen right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this!! If I've ever had a dream home, this is it! So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, right??? Husband snapped a photo of me in front of Holly's gorgeous apartment on our trip to NYC... now if only he would buy it for me! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete